Can I Sell My House If I Owe Property Taxes in Pineville, NC
Owe Property Taxes – Can you Sell?
If you owe property taxes, they will typically need to be paid either by the seller or by the buyer during the closing. If the amount of back property taxes is small, this likely is not a big deal to either party. However, if there are expensive back taxes owed, a seller may not have the funds to afford to pay the property taxes, and similarly the buyer may not be in a position to afford to pay the property taxes….further the cost of the back taxes, when combined with the purchase price and any repairs needed, may create an overall sales amount that is greater than the fair market value.
When a seller does not pay property taxes over several years, the local county may decide to perform a tax foreclosure. In this instance, the seller is served papers indicating the foreclosure is commencing. If the taxes are not then paid, the county moves forward with selling the home at the courthouse in order to pay off the back taxes.
We Have Experience Beyond Property Tax Issues
We have experience buying properties with back property taxes…however we also have experience with all types of issues when it comes to real estate transactions. We feel this experience is a great asset for our sellers, especially if they are having a hard time selling their home.
For instance, we have experience with the following types of issues:
- Liens – judgments – unpaid creditors
- Landlords – burnout – tired of evictions, tenants, maintenance, and more
- Pre-foreclosure – behind on payments – unable to get caught up – underwater
- Inherited houses – unable to afford – don’t want the property – just want to sell
- Expensive repairs needed – code enforcement violations or fines – abandoned – condemned
- Expired listings – unable to sell with a realtor
- Relocation – needing to sell quickly to move on with life
Learn more about our owner (browse to the top right on desktop or bottom on mobile to learn more about the owner).
Benefits We Offer in Pineville, NC
- We buy with cash
- Quick closings
- We buy as-is
- Little to no closing costs
- No commissions
- Moving cost assistance available
- All closings with local reputable closing attorney
- Local family owned business
- Our #1 goal is an easy selling process
Easy Process – Contact Us Today
If you are wondering, “Can I sell my house if I owe property taxes in Pineville, NC?, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
The process is very simple:
- Call us at 704-727-6161 or simply fill out our form
- We’ll gather details and answer any questions
- We’ll schedule a time to view the property
- We’ll do some research and make an offer
- It’s that easy 🙂
Visit us on Social