What are the keys to selling my house fast?
Depending on your specific situation there are usually several tips that can go a long ways in selling your house fast.
- Finding a good realtor – a good realtor will help market your property effectively and should help minimize the “days on market”. Avoid limited service agents..while you will save on their commission don’t expect them to go out of their way to help you sell your property.
- Stage the property – if the house is vacant, and without furniture – it may help to stage the property. Some buyers have a hard time visualizing how they should use the space in each room. If the house does have furniture, ask your realtor their thoughts on the decorations & furniture – is it up to date, does it take away from the overall “feng shui” of the room? It may be useful to temporarily replace the items with staged items to make the space feel more inviting, welcoming, open, etc.
- Have a pre-inspection done – this will help you identify items that will come up when your buyer ends up having an inspection done. You can arrange to have these items repaired prior to listing the home. This will help reduce stress for you and your buyer when it comes to the repair requests. At a minimum you will reduce the number of items on your home inspection report by simply taking care of the “low hanging fruit”.
- List the home at the right price – the quickest route to having a property sit on the market without offers, is pricing the home too high. The market will let you know its too high when you don’t receive any offers. This is a compounding effect because if the house doesn’t go under contract within several weeks (in this current market), then other potential buyers start to develop a stigma that the property has something wrong with it (is there mold? is there foundation issues? the list goes on). You can then lose out on these potential buyers because in their heads that have a false stigma about the property, just because you priced it too high.
- Market the property well – post ads on Facebook, Instagram, Craigslist, and more. Just having an MLS listing isn’t enough these days. Why not take advantage of social media to increase your buyer pool – not all buyers are subscribed to MLS listings.
If you are interested in a no-hassle experience you could sell the house as-is to an investor. Most investors pay cash, which reduces the time you have to wait to get your closing distribution. With a traditional sale you have to wait at least a month for mortgage underwriters.
In addition most investors buy as-is, which means you don’t have to come out of pocket for expensive repairs….and you don’t have to deal with contractors (which most people hate).
You also won’t have to clean up the house and get it show ready. Most investors will buy the house as-is….so you don’t have to clean it up or even move out stuff you don’t intend to take with you. You also won’t have to keep the house in show ready condition for weeks on end while you wait for showings to potential buyers.
When selling to an investor you can basically sell it your self (for sale by owner)…most investors don’t use buyer’s agents..so this nets to no realtor commissions for the sale.
Most investors can typically pay all the closing costs as well…some exceptions may be the seller having to pay an pro-rated taxes for the year.
If you are interested in selling to an investor be sure to reach out to us. We can provide you with a free offer. Simply use our form below or call us at 704-727-6161 to get started.